The Ukrainian Museum-Archives in Cleveland, OH contains a hidden world-class archival collection amassed over the last century. Founded in 1952 by Ukrainian WWII refugees, the materials document the lives and struggles of multiple generations against communism. The museum-archive took on the mission of preserving Ukrainian culture at a time when it was being destroyed in the Soviet Union, assembling a vast collection of books, periodicals, photographs, ephemera, diplomatic papers and other materials that document a century of struggle. This is a unique institution that spans international borders, but is simultaneously integrated into an urban American neighborhood. The collection is based in Cleveland’s historic Tremont neighborhood and attracts partners like the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, the National Academy of Sciences in Ukraine, and other institutions interested in digitizing its hidden gems.
- Cleveland Kenilworth Avenue 1202, United States of America 44113
Wyróżnione obiekty :
- Bench from EuroMaidan Protests in Kyiv, 2014. Artifact.
- Kozhukh, Sheepskin outerwear from the Hnatiuk collection, 19th-early 20th Century. Textile.
- Original Broadside of Third Universal, November 7, 1917. Typescript.
- Patch used by Nazi Germany to identify forced laborers from “the East” (OST-Arbeiter). Cloth.
- Sedliar, Vasyl. “Famine Edition” of T.H. Shevchenko’s Kobzar, 1933. Illustrations.
This collection comprises documents (including trial records) relating to the group known as the “National Patriotic Front,” which are currently held in the National Archive of the Republic of Moldova (ANRM). These materials were transferred to the ANRM from the Archive of the Intelligence and Security Service of the Republic of Moldova (formerly the KGB Archive). This group operated in the Moldovan Soviet Socialist Republic (MSSR) in the late 1960s and the early 1970s as the only significant organisation in the MSSR with a clear-cut and coherent oppositional message.
- Chișinău Strada Gheorghe Asachi 67, Moldova
- Wyróżnione obiekty :