Hungarian Motion Picture Public Foundation
The Hungarian Motion Picture Public Foundation was responsible for the distribution of the financial means dedicated in the national budget to supporting the film industry. It was established in 1998 by the government and 26 professional film organisations to succeed the Hungarian Motion Picture Foundation.
Its basic goals were to support the production, distribution and preservation of Hungarian films in every genre, to promote the distribution of Hungarian films abroad and foreign films in Hungary, and to represent the Hungarian film industry. Its tasks included the support of any kind of film production with Hungarian origin. The public foundation itself was responsible for working out the rules for the distribution of resources.
Beside the board of trustees, six vocational colleges fell under the jurisdiction of the Hungarian Motion Picture Public Foundation: feature film, animation, documentary, film distribution, scientific-propagatory, and a Research, Training, Experimental, Book and Periodical-Publishing Vocational College.
The Board of Trustees was nominated by the founders and appointed by the Minister of Culture with the consent of the government.
2006–2010: Ferenc Grunwalsky chair, members: Dr. László Baán, Dr. András Benedek, Dr. Péter Ákos Bod, Dr. Vilmos Csányi, László Donáth and György Simó.
2010–2014: Zoltán Kőrösi chair, members: Dr. László Baán, Veronika Bakonyi, Attila Bognár, György Durst, János Foktői, Dr. Árpád Kovács.In 2012 the government decided to cease the operations of the Hungarian Motion Picture Public Foundation.
Budapest Városligeti Fasor 38, Hungary 1068
Pokaż na mapie
- fundacja publiczna
Autorzy tej strony
- Beöthy, Balázs