A Kulturális Innovációs Alapítvány Könyvtára
The library, which is located in the Budapest district of Óbuda, was founded in 1985 by the Information Center for Community Culture (earlier the Information and Methodological Center of Folk Art and Public Education), which emerged from the Studio of Young Folk Artits (this workshop united the young folk-artist movement in the 1970s). In 1989, the institute became a company and was subsequently privatized. Since then, the library has been operated by a foundation. Over the last few years, the collection has become known as Hungary’s "green library." The aim of the library is to provide the foundation and other environmental organizations operating in the same building with a sufficient amount of information. The library’s main profile is literature dealing with the cultural, economic and social aspects of ecology and environmental protection. The complete stock of the library and video collection is almost 17,000 units, with the green section numbering 8,000 units. In total, the number of books and other publications is almost 14,000, while the number of translations and manuscripts is 1,000. The rest are videos and various other types of documents. Furthermore the Library contains around 3,000 units of periodicals.
Budapest Miklós tér 1, Hungary 1033
Pokaż na mapie
- Fundacja prywatna
Autorzy tej strony
- Pál, Zoltán